With graduates working across the city, the country and the world, this anniversary is a great party for a great cause.
|Come make your own party hat and wear it for a cause!
The 20-year celebration fundraiser begins on Saturday December 1st, 2018, from 5:30 pm-10 pm Proceeds are to benefit the Expressive Arts Foundation, a 501.c3 nonprofit, to help our students and graduates continue their remarkable work in the community.
The party will be lively and fun, with live music, art making activities, a silent auction, a taco-truck buffet, craft beer and sangria, performances and giveaways, in a beautiful private home in Del Sur. You can make your own art, or bid on a silent auction for works donated by some of San Diego’s finest artists contemporary artists. There will be performances and plenty of fun for all.
Where do the funds go?
The money raised for the non-profit help will underwrite diversity scholarships to help retain students who serve diverse communities in need in San Diego with high quality, professional expressive arts programming.
Over the past twenty-years our student interns have volunteered more than 43,000 hours to the agencies we partner with in the greater San Diego area, including:
- Monarch School for homeless youth. Our interns provide expressive arts services for homeless youth K – 12, and their families.
- Veteran’s Village of San Diego – since 1998 we have had interns bringing music, drama, poetry and visual arts to homeless vets recovering from addiction.
- McAlister Institute: Institute grads and students provide an extensive program of arts based therapy supporting addiction recovery in teens, men and women.
- Arts in Learning: our interns bring dance and art into the classrooms of San Diego schools who otherwise would not have this essential education.
- A Step Beyond: our interns provide Expressive Arts small group counseling services to underserved students whose families live below the poverty line.
And over a hundred more locations! Our students and grads make positive change where ever they go.
Want to Support Arts Based Therapists and Educators in San Diego? Here are two ways you can help:
1) Buy a ticket and attend the event to show your support for the Expressive Arts in San Diego. Your $50 per person ticket donation goes 100% to support The Expressive Arts Foundation, a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit and is tax deductible.
2) Too busy to attend? Please consider donating in any amount. Your tax -deductible donation helps keep our student body economically diverse, giving the expressive arts broad reach into underserved communities.
Your donations fund scholarships and grants to help economically disadvantaged students further their education in Expressive Arts Therapy, and insure economic diversity in our student body.
Yes, graduate education is expensive, but we believe the services our students provide to San Diego and the world are priceless. Please help the foundation and the institute start the next 20 years with a bang.
Judith Greer Essex PhD
Executive Director, Expressive Arts Foundation
UPDATE: Our Fundraiser was a huge success, raising nearly $3000 for the institute’s inclusion and Diversity Scholarship Fund.
If you missed our fundraiser, and still want to donate to the foundation